Thursday 7 January 2010

Adjusting to January

I hate, detest and loathe January with a passion. I actually start to dread it from about the middle of September! It's the short days, the bad weather, the empty shops after all the glitz of Christmas and especially, the taking down of the Christmas trees and lights.

Every year I tell myself it's only a few short weeks and to get over it. But unfortunately, every year I succomb and feel lousy.

I've been trying not to let it get to me but as usual I've been feeling ugh, hence the lack of blogging or anything very much constructive happening so far this week. However, tomorrow me, Andy and the kids are going to this gorgeous place for the weekend.

Two nights at the The Bushmills Inn, bought and paid for with my Etsy earnings. I surprised Andy on Christmas Day with it and he was really shocked, as it's a place we have wanted to stay for ages. So I'll let you know next week how we got on :)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful inn! I'm glad your store proceeds bought such a nice mini vacation :) Funny...I grew up in a warm, tropical place...and still...I love the winter months. Here in TX where summer is so brutal, it's May-August that I dread!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny isn't it that you would dread the summer months! I think it's really a case of the post Christmas blues for me - I love Christmas so much and then it's all over

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks lovely have a wonderful time. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh have an amazing time!! That has to help wash away the winter blues for a week or so?
    I'm with you, January and Feb are so urgh. Dark and cold and wet. Roll on March, I say!

    ReplyDelete