Monday 26 October 2009

Mondays Featured Seller

Todays featured seller is Etsy seller Tessa from Colours and Textures

What is your name/business name?
Hi there, I am Tessa Spanton. I am fairly new to Etsy and sell there as coloursandtextures.


Silk Necklace with Sapphire Blue Glass

What is your craft?
I paint landscapes in a variety of media and mostly flowers on silk. Some of these flowers are grown in my garden.

How long have you been crafting for?
I think I’ve been doing art and crafts of one kind or another for as long as I can remember! I’ve been painting for over 20 years and making silk accessories for about 3 years. I also teach painting.


Sunset

What is your most favourite thing about your craft?
What I most like is those times when I get so absorbed in painting that I lose track of time, the paint flows. When I have a painting in an exhibition I like to come in and see it in its new surroundings and I like it even more if it gets a little red spot on it!

And your least favourite?
I don’t much like mounting the silk for framing as it’s quite hard to get it really evenly stretched and if it’s not it ends up looking like Nora Batty’s tights.


Silk Scarf Wookland Glade

Where do you sell your work?
I sell my paintings, prints and cards mostly around the SE of England at local exhibitions and galleries. I am a member of the Society of Women Artists and exhibit with them once a year at the Mall Galleries in London. I have a stand at the Carshalton Lavender Open Days once a year where I paintings of the lavender field and silk accessories such as necklaces and scarves mostly on a lavender theme.


Pink Peonies Original Silk Painting

Anything else you'd like to tell us?
My dog Stella sometimes comes and sits next to me when I am painting and when students come to my house she checks their bags as they sometimes bring doggie treats.

Thanks so much for answering my questions Tessa and I have one of Tessas greeting cards which is stunning! I'll hope you'll check out her shop.

5 comments:

  1. Tessas silks are so beautiful; I love her work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Silk Necklace must feel so good to wear, very lovely Tessa.

    Thank you for the posting Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa's work is beautiful!! Lovely feature, it is always nice to learn more about a favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see Tessa's incredible work showcased here. Thank you for your blog post on her artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the colours! They are so vibrant and gorgeous. ;)

    ReplyDelete