Monday 15 June 2009

Monday's Featured Seller

Todays featured seller is Folksy seller Fiona from Christals Creations.

What is your name/business name?
My name is Fiona, my 'business' name is Christals Creations.

What do you make?
I make a mix of jewellery for all ages and have recently started making tiaras, mostly with gem chips but also with crystals and glass pearls.


How long have you been crafting for?
I have been crafting one way and another since I was a child, patchwork, knitting, cross stitch, cards and jewellery.

What is your favourite thing about your craft?
My favourite thing about making jewellery is seeing an idea progress into the finished item, though sometimes I do just like to look at all the beads and findings. I also love to see my hallmark across an item I have made.


What is your least favourite thing?
My least favourite is all the wonderful beads and findings out there which I just can't afford to buy as there are far too many of them. That and when you can picture an item but it just wont quite work out.

Where do you sell your work?
I started selling jewellery at school fetes and in the staff room at work, progressed on to Folksy this year and have a few craft fairs lined up for the summer.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from the beads and findings, from browsing the internet and from books and magazines. Anything that catches my eye and I think I could do something like that with. . . or sometimes people come to me with an idea of what they would like and we work something out together.


Anything else you'd like to tell us?
I throughly enjoy beading and jewellery making. It creates a welcome break from being a mum every now and then.

Thanks so much to Fiona for answering my questions and I hope you will check out her lovely shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment